Smart 4G LTE Module w/GPS
Connecting a World of Powerful Applications
The Radair™ Smart 4G LTE-M NB-IOT Communication Module w/GPS is an affordable, pre-certified single NGFF M.2 board based on the latest 2022 Nordic nRF9160 Rev 2 SOC. These boards offer a plug-and-play solution that combines a powerful yet simple M33 (Arm® Cortex®-based), a full LTE modem, RF Front-End (RFFE) and a power management system in a compact package with global multi-band support and FCC approval in 18 countries.
Operation requires LTE and GPS antenna alongside nSIM card
• The on-board Arm Cortex-M33 1MB Flash 256KB RAM application processor is independently programmable, and powers application development when integrated into pre-existing systems.
• The integrated modem supports LTE-M and NB-IoT while accommodating global SIM and optional eSIM functionality.
• The nRF Link Monitor tool located in nRF Connect for Desktop provides a standard AT command interface that enables one to test their link, and extract information for quick prototyping.
• Simplified setup and self-service for a global customer base across a wide range of IoT applications with multi-band support (LTE bands B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B8, B12, B13, B14, B17, B18, B19, B20, B25, B26, B28 and B66)
• The Radair LTE Module is supported by an extensive suite of world class development software, tools and client libraries including the Nordic nRF9160 sDK. All free to download and use commercially.
• Direct Programming and debugging is enabled via the J-Link OB; a broad selection of GPIOs and general interfaces (SPI/I2C/UART) are available, and easily accessible via connectors on the upcoming Radair Development Board.
• Trusted and best-in-class security powered by Arm TrustZone technology built to isolate and protect normal and secure zones. This security is applicable to firmware and elements of hardware including memory and peripherals. Arm TrustZone enables the development of solid and secure IoT applications with secure boot, trusted firmware updates, and root of trust implementations without compromising on performance.
• Arm CryptoCell extends security by providing cryptographic and security resources to help protect your IoT applications from a variety of attack threats. CryptoCell is designed for high-performance cryptography solutions that are optimized for low-power devices.
• A super-optimized design for clock and energy management between modem and application stacking enables operation for a prolonged period of time on batteries, or solar, making it an ultra low power device. This is enabled by Rel 13 features for LTE-M and NB-IoT, such as Power Saving Mode (PSM), extended Discontinuous Reception (eDRX), and enhanced coverage.
Asset and warehouse management, workforce safety and efficiency, traffic management, route optimization, supply chain automation and assembly control. The NB-IoT based solution allows users to track storage, transportation of consignments, quality of delivery, and unauthorized indoor movements.
Another powerful application is in the space of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Converts any product into an IoT sensor/machine solution with "zero configuration". For instance, the solution can be used to monitor fermentation in a brewery where level and temperature data was previously collected manually, or it could also help towards continuously monitoring and predictively maintaining high-value assets like industrial tool heads to discover problems early so they may be fixed cost-effectively.
Devices combine distance, temperature, and orientation sensors to measure any surface's attributes. Applications include air, water, oil, and gas distribution, waste and septic tank management, and tank, container, and silo level control. Typical use cases can be when the system measures the fill level of fuel and water tanks, the fill rate of waste bins or gravel storage, and the temperature and level of foodstuffs. It also sends predictive alerts when empty containers need to be filled. The low power nRF9160 plays an integral role in powering features like predictive maintenance, energy cost optimization, and billing applications.